12 October 2011

7 UP Biscuits

Who doesn't love a good biscuit?  They are incredibly multipurpose--serve them with soup or stew, eat them with butter and jelly, smother them in gravy, sandwich an egg and cheese in the middle--the possibilities are endless!

I just discovered this recipe and I have to say, I really like it.  The biscuits are incredibly fluffy and the butter on the bottom gives a little bit of crunch.  Plus, they're a cinch and taste like they're made completely from scratch.

You'll only need four ingredients:

 2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7UP (make sure it's fresh and bubbly)
1/4 butter

Slice butter and place on a pan.  Set the oven to 450F and while it's heating, stick the pan of butter inside to melt (It'll only take a couple minutes--don't forget about it in the oven!).

In a bowl, cut the sour cream into the Bisquick.  Add the 7UP and mix until it's a sticky dough.








Dust some Bisquick onto the counter and pat dough into a ball.
Flatten to about three inches and cut into biscuits.
(Yes, I know that's a can I'm using.  I guess I'm not a domestic goddess yet--I don't own a biscuit cutter).
Place the biscuits on the pan with melted butter , stick in the oven and bake until golden brown, about ten minutes.  Serve piping hot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...