We were fortunate enough to complete the insulating and drywalling before we left for Jack's Texas internship. That completed all the insulation in the house, from the attic down throughout the house. It wasn't until we returned though that I got serious about actually completing what was the front porch at one time. After a few hearty days of drywall sanding, it was ready to be painted.
I liked the built in bookshelf so we left it in and though we won't be using it for books (I'm thinking my sewing and beading accessories, along with some artwork will adorn that space), I painted on coat after coat of paint to make sure it was uniform and covered completely. I went ahead and painted a few other items white too while I was at it.
hardwood flooring leftover from the living room and since we were so happy with how it turned out last time, decided to use it again.
|Claire's poor monkey got smashed in the mud a few times when I wasn't looking.|
|Jack snagged that beautiful chandelier for $10 (originally $150!). He really knows how to make me swoon with a good clearance deal.|
It's certainly far from perfect but it is progress.