2. Using a photo editing program, edit the photo to a basic black and white picture. The interior detail is unimportant--only the shape of the profile is needed. Cut along the outside of the profile but don't be too concerned with small details since they will be more difficult to trace and paint and may make your silhouette look too "messy."Just a tip: If you are doing adult and children's silhouettes, when printing the photos, print the adults on a full 8x10 paper and the children on a smaller size, such as 4x6. It will make the children's silhouettes smaller in contrast to the larger adult's silhouettes.
3. Trace the printed silhouette in pencil onto the center of the canvas board.
4. Fill in the traced silhouette with your choice of acrylic (or other craft) paint color. It may take more than one coat, depending on the thickness of the paint.
6. Trace the name in pencil onto the canvas board.
7. Cover the pencil using a similar or contrasting colored paint.
8. Allow the painted silhouette and name to dry before framing.
9. Hang and enjoy!