11 September 2012

Out My Window

My favorite window has to be the one in the living room.  It faces east, is plenty big, was only $25 and lets me witness some of the most memorable scenes on our farm from watching Alice spring the fence without breaking a sweat to my girls playing for hours on end in the spacious yard.
Sometimes I'm lucky to catch some of the prettiest sunrises, peaceful and all to myself before anyone else wakes.
(Pardon the dirty windows) Calling to the sheep before a riveting game of hide-and-seek with dad.
Watching the harvest.
Observing the migration of thousands of birds, mostly grackles and starlings, who stop and congregate in our geriatric trees (every year it reminds me a little of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds which sends a little shiver down my spine).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...