25 October 2012

Auditions


Grandma and Claire waiting for tap to begin.
Evelyn loves to dance at home.
When she has an audience, however, she becomes a bit shy.
Though Evie's age group wasn't scheduled to perform at the Christmas program, Jack and I decided to send her to the auditions for the youngest children's dance number.  When I asked Evelyn if she danced for her try out, she casually remarked, "Nope.  I just stood still."
Evie's a little more animated during tap than ballet.
I sort of laughed and figured she would be sitting in the audience with us for the event.
Claire's ready to dance.  If only there was a dance class for two year olds...
Imagine our surprise when we received a phone call inviting Evelyn to be in the Christmas program!  The sweet dance instructor decided to give Evelyn a chance to perform since we won't be here for the spring recital.  No one knows if she'll dance but at least we can give it a try.
Kind of like I did last year in my late twenties with a group of other mothers who decided to try to dancing on stage for the first time.

It's never too late to start dancing I guess.

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...