|There's the sassy...|
1 yard fabric (depending on size of child)
Scissors, pinking shears, seam ripper, iron, etc.
|This dress is quick, especially since the wide straps act as sleeves with very little sewing.|
2. Cut pieces for dress adding about 1" for seam allowance at top and bottom. The front and back should be mirror images--the top is a straight cut at the collarbone and the hem at the knee should follow a slight curve.
3. Measure over child's shoulder from collarbone to shoulder blade. Cut a four inch wide strip the length of their shoulder (include a 1/2" seam allowance).
4. With right sides together, sew sides of the front and back. Cut next to seam with pinking shears.
6. Using a rolled hem, finish bottom of dress.
8. Fold over, press and sew both edges of the shoulders (fold over wrong side to wrong side).
9. Starting in front, attach the outside edge of the shoulder pieces at the side seam (they should be equidistant from where the child's neck will be). Be sure they are not angled. Sew along the seam line of the top of the dress to attach.
Wear and look adorable.