11 July 2015

Eyesore

Working Dancer in front of the eyesore.
We have been working hard on the horse's new pasture and it's coming along nicely. A few more rails and gates, then some stain and polyurethane and they'll be set. The only thing that's been bothering me is the horse shed that is one of the eyesores in the backyard. I'm not sure what it was originally constructed for but it goes without saying that it's seen better days.
Looks a million times better already and we'd only put up one piece!
Though the horses 99% of the time choose to stand out in the weather regardless of how windy, rainy or cold it is, I really do appreciate having a shed where they can escape the elements if they feel like it. So, I ordered steel to match the colors of our house, invited one of Jack's college friends who's nearby in Ohio to come over and we got to work.
No piece of scrap metal is wasted.
The first half of the project always feels like we're just shuffling around gathering tools and figuring out what we're doing. One panel hung and a few rotted pieces of wood on the interior replaced and it was already time for lunch.
Finishing up the back.
After a hearty lunch from a nearby Chinese restaurant and purchasing a much needed bit for the fasteners (work goes so much faster with the proper tools--imagine that!), it was only a few more hours to get the back and both sides cut and hung.
Done for today and it looks beautiful!
We still have to rip out the interior and make some changes to the front of the structures so the horses can actually go in when they want to but progress has been made and from my kitchen window, the eyesore is long gone.
(Thanks for the help, Nicole!)

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...