|They're so pretty!|
I put in a few more balusters so that the stairs wouldn't be oozing kids. I know for a fact someone would've slipped through and landed on the unforgiving concrete floor beneath had I not. Now, the trouble is keeping them from sliding down the banister...really though, is there any way to keep the kids from doing that? Probably not. Then, while my in-laws were visiting during and after our cruise and they volunteered their help, I happily asked if they'd mind helping Jack put in the newel posts at the top and bottom of the stairs.
I should really say, "easiest."
|So many stairs to sand...|
...a rotary tool and belt sander...
...and detail sander and maybe some child labor. Willing, not forced.
Then, it was a bit of caulking, a couple coats of polyurethane, and fixing a few risers, then repainting the risers.
|Yes, I need that jumble of tools at the bottom of the stairs.|
The banister was the last step (heehee) and was more of the same. Sanding, staining, varnishing and touching up paint. Then, we were done! Except, we weren't quite. Those beautiful stairs were a bit slick so we got some tread tape and slapped it on to keep anyone from slipping. So far, so good!
|Thanks for the help, Kate!|